The second team-project I worked on during University was “Magical Potions”, a 2D-point-and-click adventure made in the Visionaire Studio engine.
The key feature in Magical Potions is the brewing system, which is a special form of puzzle found across all chapters of the game.
What I did
In this team of 8 person I was once again the only programmer, I scripted all gameplay features that were not supported by the engine and implemented the quests and story.
What I learned
The biggest thing I learned with this project was to solve problems by myself when using engines that do not provide a lot of support or have a big community behind it.
Visionaire Studio did not provide a lot of help for scripting, therefore I had to find solutions for small problems by myself. Since the engine is base on LUA I also learned how to script with this language.
Furthermore I created a launcher for the game in Visual Basic.
Our project received the 3rd place in the Visionaire Studio adventure game contest.
Here is some feedback of the reviewers: